July 25, 2012

happy you were born, dad!

57 years ago today, God brought into this world the man He would call to be my father. Could not be more blessed by my dad. With his quirks, sense of humor, and free spirit, I've learned to not take life too serious, to go with the flow, and have fun. He'll talk your ear off with how God has rocked his life and continues to work in him. Through my dad's example, I've learned to surrender everything to the Lord and trust in His perfect plan.

Here are a few reasons why my dad is pretty much the raddest:

- When he became a Christian as a hippie in the 70's he used to pick up hitchhikers so he could share the gospel with them as they got a ride to their needed destination. Classic hippie dad.

- While trying to wish my grandfather (his father-in-law) "Happy Father's Day" in Japanese, he instead wished him "Happy Baboon's Day."

- He's the car wash AND gas fairy as I live at home.

- He would pick me up from school from pre-school through 5th grade on his motorcycle.

- My dad was actually the one who named me.

- He lives a life surrendered to the Lord and His calling. Where God calls, my dad follows.

So proud to call Ron Barnes my father! Happy birthday, Dad! Love you...a WHOLE lot!


No comments:

Post a Comment