July 13, 2012

beach boys

I just don't think it's possible to pass up an opportunity to spend the day with these cuties:
You just can't.

Mini back story.....

Elaine, their mama, and I have been good friends for several years. It's been pure joy to see our friendship grow through the years, witness her marriage to the man of her life, serve in youth ministry together,  watch her take on the role as a mother, and relate to her as she and Kevin move away from family and friends to another state so he can attend law school. 

This summer, Kevin got an AMAZING internship through International Justice Mission (sidenote: they do some incredible stuff and truly carry out the call of justice and righteousness. CHECK THEM OUT.) and is spending his summer months in another country. So Elaine decided to spend her summer months back home with her family in SoCal.

I'm so incredibly overjoyed that we are visiting Cali at the same time! It would've been unlikely that I would have made it out to her before I left the country so this has been so much fun to spend time with her and the boys while we're here. We both love the beach and missed it a lot so we planned a beach day. The boys had so much fun and so did we! Definitely need to plan more of these.

Don't be fooled by this precious face...when it comes to sand, he means business.

His father "bird watches;" he "bird chases."

Until next time, beach!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun! I'm so glad we get to hang out this summer too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute. I miss those boys so much. I'm glad you all had fun at the beach.

    ReplyDelete