July 7, 2012

beach housing

I can't express how grateful and humbled I am at the opportunities the Lord has provided for me to relax and spend some quality time with my friends and doing so in GORGEOUS places.

Last week I spent several days at my friends family beach house about an hour and a half up the coast. It. Was. Perfect. No agenda. Tons of food. Adventure walks along the beach. Sunsets. Napping to the sound of waves. Absorbing the sun. Dolphin sightings. Are ya jealous yet???

(Top left) The strawberry stands by the beach are the best. Never had such amazing strawberries...and then put them in a bowl of ice cream and Magic Shell (top right), oh my HEAVENS. (Bottom left) Our lunch venue. (Bottom right) No words needed.

 Can never get tired of watching the waves crash.

 The view we woke up to every morning.

 I mean, is it possible to ever tire from watching the sun set in the ocean??

 I figured it needed a little help going down. You're welcome, God.

Erin and I on the patio.

One of my main prayer requests while I'm in CA is to not get too complacent and comfortable being back home. My time at the beach house did not help that at all...but it was so worth it!

When I moved to Austin I didn't think I would really miss the beach. I loved the ocean and grew up on the beach, but as I got older I just didn't have the time to go as much so I figured I wouldn't really mind not having it close by. And during most of the 4 years spent in Texas, I didn't really miss it. As I knew my time there was ending for some reason my desire to be at the beach grew greatly. Spending several days with my feet in the sand, watching the dolphins do their morning swim, and listening to the soothing sound of the waves crashing confirmed and reminded me of my love for the deep blue and the west coast.

There truly is NO place like home!!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing Grace, Mariko san!!! Now how and where can you find the heart to leave again???

    ReplyDelete