August 9, 2012

austin in cali

A couple weeks ago my heart just about burst from joy. 2 of my good friends from Austin came out to visit and Jamie came into town to celebrate her big 3-0 with family and friends.

We wasted no time...they came in on Wednesday night and we headed straight to the Happiest Place on Earth the next day.

As you can see we didn't have any fun at all. :) I'm pretty sure the girls thought I was a tad off-my-rocker as I tried to explain that those of us who grew up at Disneyland truly feel that there's something magical about that place. Maybe it's because it holds some of our most favorite and happy childhood memories when we let our imagination run free and believed our dreams could really come true. And as an adult we all need to be reminded of the child within sometimes and keep a little bit of the dreamer inside us. A job well done, Walt!

Next on the itinerary for the Austin gals:

This was pretty much our view for a couple days. And this scene can NEVER get old.

We also spent a day celebrating Jamie with her family as she turned 30! So much fun and soooo much good food. Being 3 days apart, we usually celebrate our birthdays together and it was kind of sad we didn't this year, but it was great being able to help her bring in 30 with her family and friends.

It really does mean the WORLD to me that Linda and Casey came out to visit. I can't say enough how much God showed His love for me by the people He brought into my life in Austin. These girls are stinkin' hilarious, completely and totally real, and love food. They're the best kind of people!

Thanks so much for giving up a few days to play in Cali, ladies! Love ya both!

No comments:

Post a Comment