August 17, 2012

bobbin threadin' fiend

Apparently when you turn 30 you download coupon apps onto your phone, your eyes are shot to biscuits which results in you visiting the optometrist 4 times in 2 months, and you start quilting. In that order. Why didn't you guys warn me about this?? I was so unprepared.

In all honesty, the quilting part is actually super, stinkin' fun and I have finished 2 quilts in 3 weeks! 2 quilts!! Friends, I haven't touched a sewing machine since 7th grade home economics when I had to make a pillow of 2 peas in a pod. Obviously that pillow was something extraordinary as I haven't seen it in 18 years. I remember just sitting in front of the machine and stringing the thread in every crevice I could find. Needless to say I was not my teacher's favorite. Her hairdo didn't move a millimeter the entire year and nor did her frown. That was reason enough for me to never pay attention to a word she said...except for when we made cinnamon sugar biscuits. Definitely absorbed her instructions on that project. Pretty sure I aced that too. Yum.

All that to say, for me to make a quilt is pretty darn impressive. And I have my sweet, incredible, amazing friend Erin to thank! She's been making quilts for a couple years now and one weekend suggested I get into this business myself. Next thing I knew, we were picking out patterns at Joann's, cutting fabric, and threading bobbins. It just all happened so fast!

Mom fixing my boo-boo.

After posting these pictures I realized that this may be incredibly lame for a post, but, kids, I am elated that I could accomplish this. I have just come so far from my 2 peas in a pod days that I've blown my own socks off. Wish Mrs. C could see me now!

5 comments:

  1. I love the quilt! Great job! I got a sewing machine last Christmas but have yet to do much with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly the Lord is preparing you to run a household soon. I see no other explanation. :) It turned out great though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are funny girl, jamie!!

      Delete
  3. That looks so good! You should be proud of it, love the fabrics you picked :-) Now you are gonna be hooked...Sewing rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I'm on Kevin's computer...but I'm sure he thinks sewing rocks too :-)

    ReplyDelete