October 29, 2012

recap-iness


You said it best, Lloyd: I hate goodbyes. 

As sad as it will be to leave I am overwhelmed with appreciation for all that I was able to do and for all the people I was able to visit with. Time spent with family, with friends living here, with friends visiting, road trips, Disneyland, the beach house, birthdays, Angel game, beach days, good food, game nights, mountains, welcoming friends back into the country, playing with kiddos... I am BLESSED!

Rather than me ramble with words, here's a recap in pictures of the last several months here in SoCal...

Many weekends with this view from the beach house. You will be missed.
Me with Paul...1 of 4 that I nannied since he was in the womb.
Ru-Ru...2 of the 4 
Em and Luke...3 & 4 of the 4. Oh how I adore these children.
With Kenny, Terry, (cousins) and Kristin (Terry's wife). Gonna miss dominoes with you guys!
1 of 2 road trips up the coast to visit Robin and fam. Sweetest little girls EVER!
2 of 2 road trips up north...this time to visit Lena too!
With Lena and Erin. Welcome back to the States, Nena!
With Erin who has been my buddy the last several months. Thanks for sharing the memories with me, friend! I love you mucho!
My incredible parents who have put up with me since May. Love you guys!
With Elaine at an Angel game. So glad we got to hang while you were visiting!
Elaine's munchkins...love these boys to pieces.
Girls weekend at the beach house. Love this bunch with all my heart.
Jamie, Linda, and Casey visiting from Austin. I miss them so.
Cousin Hayato and his wife Amber. A couple of my fave's.
Jamie in town for her birthday. We got to celebrate our 30th's together after all!
At the cabin in Arrowhead
Patricia...the one with the best taste in fashion, purses, and food!
Gabs beginning her two's!
I don't know about you guys, but Michael W. Smith's "Friends are Friends Forever" was definitely the background jam in my head while I skimmed these pics. What am I saying...it's always the background jam in my head.

As much of an amazing time I've had here I'm so, so, so excited to see what God has in store for me in Japan. I pray I make the best of every opportunity He brings and fulfill the calling He has set for me. I am overwhelmed with all the encouragement, prayer, and love that has been coming my way throughout this whole process. I am so humbled and truly blessed by the people in my life. Love you all so incredibly much.

I fly out tomorrow. Oh goodness....I have no idea what God's got brewing for me over there, but I'm ecstatic to be along for the ride. 

So....Until Japan, my friends!

2 comments:

  1. SOOOO excited for you, friend! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your perspective, heart, passion, and willingness to be used in an impacting way! Love you friend.

    ReplyDelete