October 8, 2012

october thirtieth

Update on the checklist:

-Flight ticket: CHECK

-Visa:
I'd say that's a CHECK, baby, CHECK, baby, 1, 2, 3, 4!

-Several mini-panic attacks: CHECK

-God's faithfulness in confirming that this is His plan: one big, grateful CHECK

Holy smokes, kids, it's happening! And I'm a whole bunch of emotions all balled up into one. Overall, I'm ready to be settled into my life in Japan. I don't like the transitioning. I don't like the goodbye's. I don't like the process of packing up and transporting to my end location. I don't like the job search process. Is this just me? Am I asking too much to just skip that process and have my routine already? But I believe that there's something God wants to teach us or grow us in during those transitional periods in our lives. Patience. Grace. Understanding. Strength. Faithfulness. And I guess those are good qualities to have. :)

So October 30th is the date. In just a few weeks I'm literally leaving on a jet plane and don't know when I'll be back again. I continually get asked, "What are you going to do there?" No clue! Ok, that's not completely true. I know what God's placed on my heart to pray for: community, a place to serve in ministry, and a job that I will enjoy. I'm confident that He's already prepared all this for me. Sometimes I let my doubts seep in and then I go through my mini-panic attacks...What am I doing? What if I don't find a job right away? What if my lack of Japanese hinders me from being effective in ministry? How in the world will I find my way around with public transportation?? What if my origami skills is not up to par?? (I kid with that last one.) God is good though. He's been faithful in using people and circumstances in my life to prove that this is His will for me. For right now.

I plan on being in Japan for at least 2 years. What's gonna happen after that...who knows. I've learned a long time ago (actually right before my first to move Japan) that it's stupid to try and plan your life for the long haul. It NEVER goes the way you think it will. I've learned to just pray that God will show you the next step. And that's all you can focus on. What's the next step. I've learned to not be afraid of the desires of my heart. I believe the Lord puts some of those desires there to lead us that way. He loves us. He wants us to love living a life surrendered to Him while we're here. So who knows...in a couple years He may place somewhere new on my heart where He's leading. Or He may have me stay there for a couple more years.

October 30th. The beginning of the next step and a new adventure. I'm so pumped!!!

5 comments:

  1. so excited for this new adventure and what God has planned for you in japan! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting. The 30th is going to be here before you know it and you'll be in Japan ready to unfold the next steps. I cannot wait to see all that happens in your life over the next 2 years. I commend you for following this dream and for your patience through all the planning and waiting. A new season is coming!! And I am super thrilled that I get to see you one last time before you go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goooodness!! I am so excited for you right now. Can't wait to see how perfectly God's plan works out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really happening! I have been missing you lately and wondering what was going on with everything...crazy!

    ReplyDelete